Saturday 19 January 2008

Schindler's Ark

Greetings to all the people of the Virtual World

One of my new year's resolution was to post daily in my blog. However, as it is apparent, I have failed to do so. Utterly failed. Nevermind that. I would like to share about a book which eventualy became a movie in the early 90s. This book is called "Schindler's Ark" by Thomas Keneally. It is about Oskar Schindler, a German man who did all that he could to save as many Jews as possible during Hitler's reign. I am currently reading the book. But I watched the movie before I bought the book (Kinokuiya). Wonderful movie. Simply fantastic! Emotional! I almost cried at the ending. Directed by Steven Spielberg, who is a Jew himself, this movie starred Liam Neeson as Oskar Schindler and it went to win four Oscar's, including Best Picture and Best Director. I would urge everyone out there to watch this thought-provoking movie.

God Bless!

No comments: